Where Passion Meets Education
Building a community of lifelong learners!
Where Passion Meets Education
Building a community of lifelong learners!
Building a community of lifelong learners!
Building a community of lifelong learners!
Surg-eOn is a social media platform designed exclusively for surgeons by surgeons and will change the future of surgical knowledge dissemination! This new social media concept utilizes the power of surgeon’s daily experiences, interactions, and difficulties by pooling expertise to expand specialty knowledge by reviewing real life surgical videos, techniques, and surgical concepts over many specialties. This is done by linking all the key players in the surgical world - the surgeons, vendors and industry reps, without inundating the user with cumbersome ads, banners or flashing marketing campaigns. Finally! No force fed marketing initiatives. Only information you want to see!
This ever evolving “all the fish in the same barrel” concept allows surgeons with different backgrounds and experience to instantly interact and learn from each other’s videos, comments, and technique demonstrations in real time. The easy to use interface allows access to the knowledge embedded in these videos and posts which themselves are the key ingredients for others to grasp concepts, enhance their surgical knowledge, and immerse in new and established products. With easy to view links and product descriptions in each post the surgeon can incorporate these ideas and products into their own practice without suggestion or being “force fed” product. In addition, the videos are organized in a logical manner and can be saved for further review. The posts are easy to follow because of a uniform format allowing for easy posting and interaction. Furthermore, we now have the ability to form a nonbiased partnership with our industry colleagues to keep up with the ever-changing surgical products and devices being manufactured, whether it is a new mesh, stapler, or suture you can now learn about it with a touch of a button at your convenience. But only until you’re ready! Explore particular products as positive outcomes are noted in videos or discussions you’re interested in. This app is a timely addition to the surgery world and future versions of the app will continue to evolve and incorporate new ideas especially in this new Covid-19 era and the expansion of online and mobile learning.
The app is now available for IOS on the Apple App store. Download here and get started! https://apps.apple.com/us/app/surg-eon/id1524410956
Once you've grabbed the download and signed up go to https://app.surg-eon.com/login to upload videos and pictures.
Mario J. Leyba, M.D., is a nationally recognized board-certified Robotic and General surgeon who earned his medical degree from the University of New Mexico’s School of Medicine and completed his General surgery surgical residency at Good Samaritan Hospital Level 1 Trauma Center in Phoenix. Dr. Leyba is the CMO of Goldfinch Health, a healthcare disrupter and is the Chief of Surgery and Director of Robotic Surgery at Women’s Hospital in Albuquerque, NM. He is a national Robotic proctor and speaker for Intuitive Surgical and other medical device companies. He also does medical legal work for the US attorney’s office in defense of surgeons in litigation. He also is a medical consultant to Goodman Technologies who provides ideas/system based solutions to military projects. Dr. Leyba also runs a medical nonprofit company called CoyoteFox to give healthcare-based solutions/ideas/answers/education to rural New Mexico communities in partnership with Joseph Griego. He also has a sizable social media presence. Dr. Leyba does complex robotic surgical procedures and has done many of the first robotic procedures in New Mexico such as the first single site gallbladder surgery, colostomy reversal, distal gastrectomy, and splenectomy, distal pancreatectomy, intracorporeal colon surgery, para-esophageal repairs, advanced hernia techniques including TAR, Retro-rectus, and other hernia techniques. He is also in the early phases of starting a Robotic bariatric program. He has completed over 2000 robotic surgeries and is amongst the highest volume in the nation. Dr. Leyba’s is an entrepreneur at heart and his initial ideas and subsequent collaboration with the other Surg-eOn owners Joseph Griego, Dr. Jeremy Heffner, and Dr. Mark Soliman have led to our pursuit of Surg-eOn, LLC and our medical app development. We are building a community for surgeons by surgeons utilizing our Surg-eOn app.
Dr. Heffner is board certified in general surgery and surgical critical care. He has received national research awards in hernia and wound care. Performing more robotic hernia surgeries than anyone in the area of Lima OH, Dr. Heffner is an expert in the field. Impressively, his expertise also includes advanced colon surgeries.
As the Medical Director of Lima Memorial Trauma Program and Intensive Care Unit, Dr. Heffner is at the forefront of providing exceptional care. Through advanced training with experts in the field, Dr. Heffner is highly skilled at using the da Vinci® Surgical System. Physicians across the nation come to Lima, Ohio, to learn from Dr. Heffner.
Mark Soliman, MD, FACS, FASCRS is a board-certified colon and rectal surgeon. He is the Medical Director of Colorectal Surgery for the AdventHealth Digestive Health and Surgery Institute and also the Department Chairman for Colorectal Surgery. A Florida native and a proud graduate of the University of Florida, he was part of an elite junior medical program through which he earned both his undergraduate and medical degrees with honors by age 23. After serving as Chief Resident at Baptist Health System in Birmingham, AL, he obtained his advanced subspecialty training in Colorectal Surgery at the Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando. Dr. Soliman is one of the most recognized colorectal surgeons nationwide in robotic colorectal surgical operations and has written nearly 50 book chapters, scientific abstracts, and manuscripts on this and its related fields. He is proficient in the Arabic language.
Joseph Griego attended New Mexico State University where he obtained a Bachelor's of Accountancy and Business Administration. He later fine tuned a considerable wealth of knowledge in accounting and business process development over 15 years in public and private accounting. He has extensive experience utilizing an analytical approach to problem solving on a professional level and a proven track record demonstrating a keen understanding of GAAP to include FASB, GASB and other AICPA pronouncements and standards. Joseph has worked in a variety of positions and industries including a significant amount of time in State/local government, Gaming and hospitality. The latter of which Joseph served in a high level leadership position. Joseph specializes in capitalizing on cost savings strategies though his consulting business Ledoux Consulting LLC where he works exclusively on a contingency basis. The knowledge and skills acquired from these pursuits extend to a significant commitment to community service where Joseph has logged over 400 hours in 2019 alone working entirely on a pro bono basis benefiting 501c3s and disadvantaged individuals.
Be the first to hear news from Surg-eOn!
Last modified: October 12, 2020
Surg-eON, LLC ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
· The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you register with, access, or use Surg-eON (the "App").
· Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
· We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
· You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16
The App is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 8201 Golf Course Rd NW, Ste D3 109, Albuquerque, NM 87120.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, National Provider Identification Number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as years of experience, type of surgeon, workplace, age, products used.
This information includes:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App and posting material, including videos, messages and photos. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
You may also provide information for publication or display ("Posted") on public areas of the app (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
· Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
· Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
· Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
· Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
· Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
· Web Beacons. Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
· Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
· Analytics companies.
· Your mobile device manufacturer.
· Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
· Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
· Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you use the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at email@example.com or 8201 Golf Course Rd NW, Ste D3 109, Albuquerque, NM 87120.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Surg-eON, LLC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Surg-eON, LLC about our App users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA, and for billing and collection.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Surg-eON, LLC, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. If you have questions about our collection, use and disclosure of your information or would like certain information to be deleted and/or not disclosed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rightsfor more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rightsfor more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit [HYPERLINK TO CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS].
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org write us at: 8201 Golf Course Rd NW, Ste D3 109, Albuquerque, NM 87120.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
email@example.com or 8201 Golf Course Rd NW, Ste D3 109, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Effective Date: October 12, 2020
Last Updated on: October 12, 2020
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
· Publicly available information from government records.
· Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
· Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
· health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data;
· personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
· Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
· Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our application.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
· To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
· To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
· To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
· To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
· For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
· To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
· As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
We do not sell personal information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company For more on your personal information sale rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Personal Information Category
Category of Third-Party Recipients
Business Purpose Disclosures
B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
D: Commercial information.
E: Biometric information.
F: Internet or other similar network activity.
G: Geolocation data.
H: Sensory data.
I: Professional or employment-related information.
J: Non-public education information.
K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the "right to know"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
· The categories of personal information we collected about you.
· The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
· Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
· The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
· If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
· sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
· disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
· The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the "right to delete"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
· Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Writing to us at 8201 Golf Course Rd NW, Ste D3 109, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You may also make a request to know or delete on behalf of your child by emailing us at email@example.com writing to us at 8201 Golf Course Rd NW, Ste D3 109, Albuquerque, NM 87120
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
· Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
· Your user name and email address associated with your account.
· Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make it.
For instructions on exercising your sale opt-out or opt-in rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years old. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
8201 Golf Course Rd NW
Ste D3 109
Albuquerque, NM 87120
Copyright © 2020 Surg-eOn - All Rights Reserved.